Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Post!

This is so exciting! My first post. Having a nail blog is something I have been contemplating for a while, and I finally feel able to begin.


I love doing my nails and others nails ... and fake nails. Nothing makes me happier than to see a flash of color or an adorable design as I go through my daily routine. I'm hoping this blog will help me share that happiness with people who aren't family and friends. :)


You'll see a little of everything around here. I dabble a little in nearly everything, and my nails are painted 24/7. Whether it's a simple paint and go, a stamped design, or nail art that sometimes takes me all day to complete you'll see it here. So stick around and see what pops up.


Just a warning before we kick this post off right. I hardly ever cut my nails. I'm always in one attempt or another to grow them out. They don't cooperate most of the time. What this means is that my nails are almost always in varying lengths and things might get quite ragged at times before they grow back in enough for shaping. I know this is a major peeve for some people ... so, you have been warned. :)


So, I say we kick this post off with a color swatch since this is my current mani. I bought more than a few polish collections and samplers in the after Christmas sales, and I finally got around to trying one. This is Orly's Star Spangled (two coats, no top coat), and it is certainly shaping up to be one of my favorites. I told my mom I feel like I'm wearing Dorothy's ruby slippers on my nails. Great color!!


 By no means am I clean when putting on polish. :) Star Spangled is a wonderful shade of red. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I feel like I'm wearing Dorothy's red slippers.


 A look at the side. This is a must have color for the red and glitter fanatics.


What color swatch is complete without a close up view of the glitter? These nails really sparkle in the sun but are just as great in a room with little light.

4 comments:

  1. I bought the same set! I can't wait to see your nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great set, wasn't it? There are so many new colors; I'm not sure what to try next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome :)
    Great nail polish for the first post :)

    I hope you don't mind me posting a link here, I just wanted to invite you to join my first nail polish giveaway :)
    http://letspolishsomenails.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-100-followers-giveaway-open.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! New follower!! I actually just started my nail blog too today. Check me out at www.apopofpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?