Friday, February 3, 2012

Prisoner of Love Nails

I usually have these posts all typed up and edited of my usual rambles but today I'm writing by the seat of my pants. Forgive me for what I'm about to put you through. :)


Today's post is an anti-Valentine's Day nail design, or maybe just an unconventional Valentine's Day design depending on how you look upon both Valentine's Day and love. I'm really proud of this design and it is certainly one of my favorites. Of course, as my mother told me when I said this every nail design I do is my favorite at the time. :)


However, before I show the finished product I really want to show a shot I managed to grab of the in progress nails. I think this design is adorable and would be great as an anytime nail art.


This is a really easy design that I think anyone can do. Have a shaky hand and can't create straight or semi-straight stripes? Use the tape method. If you buy nail art tape or cut regular tape down it takes nearly no extra time at all. This way you don't have to wait for each stripe to dry before you do the next stripe and you get perfect lines every time. There is always the option of doing something unique to the ring finger as well—paint it a different color, add rhinestones, or metal studs. Be you and remember to have fun!

Now, onto the real reason for this post. Yay! I am so excited to share this with you, so I'll just jump right in.

Natural Light, Cloudy

Natural Light, Shade.

I was going to go with a stake through the heart but all I could think about as I sketched the design was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So, I went with a spike or a nail. Still makes me think of Buffy, but not as much. Lol.

Well, that's it I suppose. I had such fun painting this design onto my nails as well as sketching it up and I hope you guys get as much enjoyment out of it as I am. :)

Happy (early, anti) Valentine's Day.

Polish Used
Sally Hansen - Double Duty
Sally Hansen - White On
L.A Colors - BCC 585 (Black)
China Glaze - Poinsettia
Sally Hansen - Celeb City
Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri (applied after pictures)

4 comments:

  1. Wow...wonderful!!! I like them..perfect design for valentine day!
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great artwork you do for us very useful collection you have got got been percentage with preserving it up sir. walmart curbside pickup hours

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?