Friday, November 23, 2012

Nail Whitening Tutorial

Lately I've been noticing my base coat just hasn't been doing its job as well as it used to. I'm sure it has something to do with all the swatching and daily nail art I've been doing, but that doesn't make the staining any less horrifying. It was definitely time to do another whitening treatment. I promised with my last whitening tutorial that I would try one of the other methods of whitening nails so I leave you with this to try over the weekend.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Whitening Tutorial denture cleaner cleanser crystals tablets

There really doesn't seem to be much difference in my before and after photos, but it is very noticeable in person. I admit, I'm a one hand painter. If I have no where to be, I only paint my left hand. So the staining was much worse on the hand you see in this tutorial. After ten minutes, my right hand was nearly stain free—after fifteen it really was stain free, so this method really does work and with much less effort on my part than the peroxide/baking powder method I tried last time.

So, while your out shopping this weekend pick up some denture cleaning tablets or crystals and give this tutorial a try. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'll definitely try this out! Mine have been AWFUL lately, no matter what base coat I use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just paint one hand as well- I do them for my blog posts but if I'm going out I'll do both hands.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?