Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dots Galore

Hello, my lovely followers!! I hope everyone is doing great today. I would be better if it didn't insist on raining. Still, I managed to get enough sun for pictures so I can't complain too much.




I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but I did a standard trim before painting my nails for the last post. I hadn't realized how long they were getting, and I'm really beginning to enjoy them short. I'm happy to say that this nearly evened out the break of my index nail. It's nearly unnoticeable now. Yay!


I also want to give you an update on my 'Electrify on Fast Track' mani. Electrify may be the prettiest glitter I own, but it's still a glitter. I seem to have forgotten that while I was enjoying it so much. It took me nearly an hour to remove Electrify from the tips even using the foil method. It was a painful reminder of the tediousness of removing glitters. By the time I was done there was bits of red and gold glitter everywhere and my nails were scrubbed raw. Glitter reminds me of sand in the way that it gets everwhere!!!


Full Sun
My left hand with its pretty purple thumb.


With this fresh in mind, I went for a very simple mani today. It's a recreation of The Polished Perfectionist's Polka Dots mani. I went with a different color theme and they turned out nice, but I still think hers are prettier. I definitely recommend that you go take a look at this mani as well as others by her. :) I loved her idea of taking a picture with hands wrapped around a cup so you can see the full effect, so I borrowed that as well.


Have I ever mentioned my love of my dotting tool? I bought it years and years ago as a tool for clay working. While I left the clay behind I found another use for it with my nails. I would love to pick up a set of various sized dotting tools but for this mani my medium sized dotter gets the job done nicely.


Natural Light, Slight Cloud Cover
My left hand with its mint green thumb.


I think these are a perfect combination of Spring and Easter. Everyone who saw them thought they were Easter egg nails.


Polish Used

  • Borghese - Brillante
  • Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow
  • Borghese - Buon Viaggio Mauve
  • China Glaze - Secrete Peri-Wink-Le
  • Sinful Colors - Beautiful Girl
  • Sally Hansen - Mint Sorbet
  • L.A. Colors - BCC 561 (White)
  • Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Definitely remind me of Spring and Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I agree with Bethany,it does remind me of Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?