Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, my lovely followers! I had absolutely nothing planned for today as I was so excited by the China Glaze Hunger Games collection. Still, I felt I had to do something. I hardly ever let a holiday go by without giving at least a slight nod of acknowledgment.


So, I went with something very simple. This is a design that anyone can do. (Which is always great, right?) It's simply two coats of white polish on all my fingers, then I used a semi-small dotting tool for the dotted nails; you can use a different size or even a toothpick to get your dots. The rainbow nail is my shaky freehand (way too much coffee lately) but you can use the tape method to get near perfect lines. It's all very simple but gives a very eye-catching set of nails.


Full Sun


A hint for doing dots? Do them one line (up and down) at a time and stagger them. Every other line should match up. It's so much easier than trying to do them vertically across your nail. 

Flash

What's on your nails for St. Patrick's Day? I would love to see any designs you guys have come up with. ♥

Polish Used
  • Borghese - Brilliante
  • Sally Hansen - White On
  • Pure Ice - Siren
  • Sally Hansen - Sun Kissed
  • Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow
  • Pure Ice - Free Spirit
  • Sally Hansen - Blew Me Away!
  • L.A. Colors - BCC 590 (Purple)
  • Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love this take on St.Patrick's Day nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! I'm glad you enjoy them. My family wasn't too fond of them, lol.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?