Wednesday, October 3, 2012

D is for ...

D is for dragon fruit, also known as pitaya or pitahaya! What I find really awesome is that dragon fruit isn't really a fruit but a species of cactus. I guess it's not so hard to believe when you look at it's outer shell. [Wikipedia]

nails nailart nail art mani manicure Spellbound ABC Challenge D Dragon Fruit cactus cacti border pink white black spotted speckled dots dotted

This isn't really what I had in mind for D. I wanted this to have glitter or sequins or something really eye-catching since it's such an odd thing to put on my nails. However, I couldn't find black glitter, either loose or as a polish, anywhere!! While sequins and black studs were just too large. I had to settle for using grey and black polish and my smallest dotting tool to create the dragon fruit's flesh. The speckles look really big this close but are actually really, really tiny and much more reminiscent of a halved dragon fruit.

Have any of you actually tried dragon fruit? I would love to try it but have no idea where to find it in my area. :(

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! I love this sooo much! Very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! and I loveeeee eating dragon fruits soooo tasty!! I especially love to eat the one that's purple/red on the inside. Haha, I think its sweeter. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the creativity you put into this. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I've nominated you for a Liebster award! Head over to blog blog to grab all the details you need!

    http://talesofnailsx.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an original manicure, I don't have to read anything and I know from your design that it is a perfect copy of a dragon fruit!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?