Friday, February 22, 2013

Blog to Love Friday #4

Hey everyone! I'm sorry for there being no new posts, and I'm sorry to say there won't be for a bit. My computer has finally, after 5 years of devoted service, died. I've put in an order for a new one, but it won't be shipped for about a week and then I'll need to get all my programs and things reloaded. Using my mom's laptop is letting me know just how much I'll need to reload when I go to open a program or a website from my fave places. Some good news is coming out of this though; it is giving me time to work on my own nail polish and store up some swatches and nail art.


Since I don't have my favorite places to work from I had to do some quick searching for my favorite posts of the week. They're not what I would have posted with my fave places, but I'm actually really glad. This forced me to branch out and search out new blogs, and I'm loving them!!

  • My first blog post has to be this Apple Pie Protein "Ice Cream" from Nutritionist in the Kitch. By God the woman is a genius! I hate bananas. There's just something about the texture of a banana that I can't eat. But I love frozen bananas, usually a cut banana with peanut butter sandwiched between the slices, so to find another way of using frozen bananas is great. To find something so delicious sounding and looking is awesome! But to find that something so sinful is healthy?? BRILLIANT! I love that this recipe takes no ice cream machine since I don't have one.
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love vintage nails. Watch Marlin Note's video tutorial to learn how to do Rose Fabric Nail Art.
  • If you're looking for something new and odd to do with your hair try this Hair Bow video tutorial from MakeupWearables. I love the look of hair bows, bows actually twisted up and created with your hair, but this puts a whole new spin on this look. It's an upside down, rope braided hair bow!!
  • I've yet to try a gradient lip. I've found most of them too unnoticeable or far too noticeable! It's a very fine line that someone walks to be able to pull off a gradient lip. But I think ChassyCali finally hooked me with her Berry and Nude Gradient lip ... or maybe it was her Red and Gold lip. Both of these are stunning and just subtle enough to work.
  • Watching my weight (hopefully drop) as I am, I'm always on the lookout for healthy sweet treats. I'm not a fan of doughnuts personally; I love the taste but find them far too heavy, sitting sickeningly in my stomach for hours after I eat them, and yet finding I'm still hungry! I'm hoping these super light and fluffy (healthier) Homemade Krispy Kreme Doughnuts with Healthy Glaze Icing from Chocolate Covered Katie will give me the taste of a yummy doughnut, but not the heavy after-feeling  If you're looking for something a little less plain she also came up with Cake-Batter Doughnuts!! Seriously, where has this woman been my whole life???
  • And last but not least, Maryam Maquillage came up with these gorgeous Gems & Jewels nails. I absolutely adore the picture of her nails next to her shimmery pink lips. Am I the only one dying of jealousy over her lips?? The shape, the color, the shiny shimmery gloss. Yep, I'm totally jealous!

2 comments:

  1. Its rally informative post.Thanks for share it.

    Shuvo,
    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting.
    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?