Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rainbow Gradient

Today is supposed to be my X nail art for the ABC Challenge, but I'm stumped on what to do for this letter. I'll think of something by next challenge ... hopefully. For now, check out the rainbow gradient I wore last weekend.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Lacquer fun cute sweet rainbow gradient eyeshadow applicator sponge sponged sponging red orange yellow green blue purple colorful Rimmel English Rose Sinful Colors Hazard Sally Hansen Lightening Green with Envy Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint On a Trip

I hate the claw, but it's pretty much the only position in nails that need to include the thumb. Some of you may remember the sideways rainbow gradient from my NOH8 nails. I wanted to try something different this time so I did them as a normal gradient. I found the lightest rainbow colors from my collection to use for this.

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Lacquer fun cute sweet rainbow gradient eyeshadow applicator sponge sponged sponging red orange yellow green blue purple colorful

Here are my nails before clean-up. So messy!!! I usually tape around my nails before doing something this messy, but I forget. Isn't that the way things usually go? You only forget something that would speed things up when you're in a hurry!

nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Lacquer fun cute sweet rainbow gradient eyeshadow applicator sponge sponged sponging red orange yellow green blue purple colorful Rimmel English Rose Sinful Colors Hazard Sally Hansen Lightening Green with Envy Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint On a Trip Rimmel English Rose Sinful Colors Hazard Sally Hansen Lightening Green with Envy Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint On a Trip

I took this picture in the car. It was snowing so hard and then a little bit of sunlight peeked through, and I couldn't resist snapping a few pics. It's not up to my usual standard, but there's something I really like about this picture.

 Rimmel English Rose Sinful Colors Hazard Sally Hansen Lightening Green with Envy Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint On a Trip

I couldn't resist getting a picture of my cotton ball after I removed the gradient. I'm reminded of a clown's wig, lol.

Colors Used: Rimmel English Rose, Sinful Colors Hazard, Sally Hansen Lightening, Sally Hansen Green with Envy, Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint, Wet n Wild On a Trip

6 comments:

  1. So cool! Such a fun mani! I have yet to master gradients.

    Iriel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well any manicure that's rainbow has my vote. I love rainbow gradient mani's and your is just pure awesome! Some day I will attempt this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww love it so much.. looks like a cotton candy :D
    do a tutorial please >.<

    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Need to re create this for Summer :D
    Oh and that pic that you took in the car is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?