Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Patriotic Splatter

Happy 4th of July to my United States readers. This is the last 4th of July mani I have for you. I wanted something simple, something just about anyone can do ... something that doesn't use all the usual tools my nail art does. What's one of the simplest manicures I could think of? A splatter, of course!


patriotic splatter 4th of July Independence Day United States of America red white blue nails nail art nailart mani manicure Spellbound


I call this a patriotic splatter. I used two coats of white. I did a light splatter of red, then blue, before doing one more splatter of red. My blue left larger splatters, more drips than anything, and took over the mani until I added more red.


patriotic splatter 4th of July Independence Day United States of America red white blue nails nail art nailart mani manicure Spellbound


Be very careful if you use two primary colors, colors that can create other colors if mixed, in your splatter. To keep my red and blue from mixing and making purple I used a straw for the red and a straw for the blue. There is always the chance that they will still mix on your nails though. I have a few purple spots on my nails but not as noticeable as they might be if I had used the same straw for both colors.


patriotic splatter 4th of July Independence Day United States of America red white blue nails nail art nailart mani manicure Spellbound


The nice thing about this design is that it can be done by any patriotic person, not just those living in the US. Simply use your country's colors for a unique splatter. This can also be done with school colors or your favorite sports teams colors.


patriotic splatter 4th of July Independence Day United States of America red white blue nails nail art nailart mani manicure Spellbound


Here is a splatter tutorial by The PolishAholic if you'd like to try your own Patriotic Splatter mani.

7 comments:

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?