Saturday, May 4, 2013

Influenster Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox: Nectresse

*All products were sent to me for testing purposes, completely complimentary, from Influenster. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I told you I was going to try to get through these reviews quickly. :) This one is for Nectresse



Nectresse No Calorie Sweetener is from the makers of Splenda. It's made from 100% natural ingredients. The main one being monk fruit. Fruit is naturally sweet so it's a great way to sweeten foods. The monk fruit is an amazing little fruit. It is naturally 150 times sweeter than sugar without all the calories!!

The Nectresse website explains how the monk fruit is used to make their sweetener. They pick the monk fruit fresh from the vine. The fruit is crushed to release its sweet extract. The crushed fruit is then soaked in hot water to extract all the sweetness. They filter the monk fruit infused water and then it's dried to create monk fruit extract. Finally, this extract is mixed with other natural sweeteners to create Nectresse!


I don't use much sugar in my everyday life to be honest; certainly not in my coffee or tea! I struggled to find something to sweeten that I didn't have to bake since I am trying to fit into my swimsuit this year. Thankfully, one of my Holiday VoxBox brand prizes arrived the other week. Quaker sent me a box of some of their best products. Included in this was some really cute heart shaped Cheerio-style cereal.


Eating this was surprising. I'm not sure what I expected. I guess another 'all natural' sweetener that left a horrible aftertaste all while not tasting like sugar. Again, I was surprised. First off, this tasted really sweet! But it was a good sweet. I actually thought it tasted very slightly fruity, like a good fresh peach. Not as great as real sugar, but so much better than the fake aftertaste of other sweeteners! Definitely the best alternative I've tried yet. That said, a full packet was just too sweet for me. I'll definitely be using only half the packet next time.

Don't take just my word on the goodness of Nectresse, check out what other Influensters are saying here.

*All products were sent to me for testing purposes, completely complimentary, from Influenster. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?