Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sun Worshiper

Hello girlies! I hope everyone is having a great day. I know I am. I'm so excited to share this polish with you today.


China Glaze nails nail polish neon Sun Worshiper Poolside summer


Today's post is a China Glaze color swatch for Sun Worshiper. I'm not sure how I missed Sun Worshiper or the Poolside collection the first time around but Sun Worshiper was recently posted for sale on Sally Beauty. I've been longing for this polish for weeks, even ordered it at the end of April but it was cancelled due to sell out. I was so, so disappointed when I got the email that my order had shipped without Sun Worshiper. However, I saw it was back in stock last week and hurriedly tossed a few things into my cart and placed another order. Well, it arrived last Monday and I couldn't be happier!


China Glaze nails nail polish neon Sun Worshiper Poolside summer


I was stunned speechless when I saw Sun Worshiper in person. It was even more amazing in person than any of the blog pictures I found could ever show!


China Glaze nails nail polish neon Sun Worshiper Poolside summer


The first thing I noticed is that it is so bright! I knew it was neon but this is beyond amazing. It's like some kind of radioactive material contained in a polish bottle. Sun Worshiper is a stunning neon orange. It has a tint of yellow to it though like the bright yellow orange of a marigold.


Marigolds
I found this picture on Flickr and I think it just captures the color beautifully.


China Glaze nails nail polish neon Sun Worshiper Poolside summer


I'll say again, neons are always brighter over white. My pictures of Sun Worshiper are over two coats of China Glaze White on White. And I still needed three coats of Sun Worshiper.


China Glaze nails nail polish neon Sun Worshiper Poolside summer


Sun Worshiper is very sheer! I know I read this on many blogs before I purchased the polish, however I didn't understand just how sheer. Most bloggers aren't like me. When they do a swatch they use just the featured polish on their nails. I never use a neon until I have two to three coats of white down first, so I thought it would work a bit better. And it did ... with two coats of white as a base I didn't get a VNL. However, it still took three fairly thick coats of Sun Worshiper to cover the white. I couldn't be happier though. Over white Sun Worshiper is ten times brighter!! I didn't get a bad picture of these nails. It took forever to choose which ones I wanted to use.


China Glaze nails nail polish neon Sun Worshiper Poolside summer


Another thing to remember is that neons usually dry fairly matte. Sun Worshiper is no exception, so you'll want to have a high shine top coat on hand when using this polish. Remember to add a coat of top coat every other day to keep your nails shiny and chip resistant.


Will Sun Worshiper be on your list of must have neons for this summer?

2 comments:

  1. The color is so vibrant. I don't know if I could pull it off, but love how it looks. BTW you fingers are so smooth I know it's a weird comment, but I kept thinking does she airbrush her photos for her fingers? They are perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I do airbrush them! I love the really smooth look most of the time and since my photos need resized anyway .... well, they're already open in my art program so it's an easy thing to do a quick airbrush. I can't seem to help myself! :)

      Delete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?