Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Golden Twilight

Maybelline New York Color Show Bold Gold Twilight Rays black glitter shimmer nails nail art polish


Today's post puts Maybelline New York's new Color Show nail polish in the spotlight. Color Show is part of Maybelline's collection of runway colors. The Color Show collection comes in, get this, 40 new shades!! 30 hot colors and 10 statement pieces. The hot colors are mostly bright, bold neons and deep shimmer filled polishes while the statement pieces encompass crackle like polishes they call shredded, denims, and metallics. These polishes are priced to sell as well. I picked these two up for about $2.97 a bottle. I read somewhere that the top price is likely to be $3.99, but check your local shops to be sure. With the price and multitude of shades you can always have nails like a supermodel.


Maybelline New York Color Show Bold Gold Twilight Rays black glitter shimmer nails nail art polish


I felt myself very lucky to find these polishes in stores already. My town is usually the last to receive new products. With this in mind I immediately grabbed Twilight Rays and Bold Gold. Twilight Rays is a black polish filled with a gold glittery shimmer. I found the gold glitters nearly disappeared into the black with three coats of polish. Even in sunlight they didn't really pop like I thought they would. Nice to be sure, but not what I was expecting.


Maybelline New York Color Show Bold Gold Twilight Rays black glitter shimmer nails nail art polish


Bold Gold is a shade I have been looking for for what seems like forever. I've tried handfuls of gold polishes looking for this exact shade and texture. I'm ecstatic to finally own this color after so long. Bold Gold is a gorgeous yellow gold metallic. It has a very fine shimmer effect to it that doesn't overpower the delicate color like some other polishes. This is a perfect gold in my opinion! While Twilight Rays left me slightly disappointed, Bold Gold really stepped up.


I will say I had some major trouble getting Bold Gold to stay on my nails while painting them. The brush kept swiping the polish right off. The polish itself looked to be separating, oddly enough. When it was swiped off it left behind a watery oil with no color. I had to start over after my first attempt. I have reason to believe the polish was reacting to my base coat since I used a different base coat on my second attempt and things went smoother. There were still a few problems but no separation. A second coat of Bold Gold took care of that.


That said, Bold Gold stayed on my nails for about a week. I'm sure it would have lasted longer if I hadn't removed it myself. It had absolutely no chips and not even any wear on the tips when I took it off last night. Amazing!


Maybelline New York Color Show Bold Gold Twilight Rays black glitter shimmer nails nail art polish

Here is a close up of Twilight Rays. You can see the shimmer is actually a combination of tiny flecks of micro glitters and larger, yet still very small, hexagonal glitters.

Maybelline New York Color Show Bold Gold Twilight Rays black glitter shimmer nails nail art polish

And here is a close up of Bold Gold. You can see the shimmer really well here.


No matter what you think of the two colors I picked out of this collection you should definitely check it out for yourselves. With so many shades to be found in this collection you're sure to find a color created just for you.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're great, aren't they? I love finding gems like this. :)

      Delete
  2. I have Twilight Rays and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some really nice shades in this collection, Twilight Rays being one of them ... but I think I prefer Bold Gold. A shade for everyone, right? ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the Twilight Rays! I've been after a shade like that for ages and ended up buying a Topshop varnish in Gypsy Night, which I suppose is meant to look like that but is just so sheer! I'll definitely be investing in these :)

    Alice

    www.SecretsOfAWannabeCharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring them to your attention! I know I always love finding a better polish option. :)

      Delete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?